- What do you think happens to a hillside if the broom is cut or pesticides applied
- You have to replant to stop erosion.
- What happens to a hillside if the Eucalyptus is cut without replanting ?
- Bare hillsides have erosion issues.
- If you don't replant, then you get an erosion problem.
- If you do replant, then herbicides serve no purpose.
- Why waste tax payer money on herbicides
(let alone the harm to the environment and people) ?
- Erosion costs the city and tax payers money.
- The city plan appears to be to leave dead debris in place.
- Dried Debris Creates a Fire Hazard.
- Dead debris is more flammable than live debris.
- You have to cart away the dead debris.
- Currently, the city ordinance is ineffective (due to lack of replanting),
- It creates an erosion problem (due to lack of replanting),
- And creates a fire hazard (due to leaving dead debris).
- So, if you have to cart the dead debris away and you have to replant...
- THEN WHY WASTE MONEY ON HERBICIDES ?
- Not to mention that herbicides add toxic products to the environment.